KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of state and federal rules relating to payroll processing and reporting.
· Knowledge of local policies and labor contracts relating to salary and leave administration.
· Ability to develop and monitor schedules for assignment deadlines and completion.
· Use and knowledge of mainframe operations for payroll processing and reporting.
· Communication skills both orally and written with variety of persons.
· Ensure all payrolls are processed accurately and timely.
· Maintain controls to ensure compliance with local, state and federal rules/regulations.
· Review personnel records to determine names, rates of pay and occupations of the employees on the official payroll. Direct computation of pay according to School Board policy.
· Compile and prepare payroll data for Unemployment, Retirement and Federal 941 reports.
· Process annual W-2s for all employees; submission of file to IRS.
· Review and approve payroll deductions, federal withholding deductions prior to update of monthly payrolls.
· Ensure that School Board policies & government regulations are being consistently applied with regard to payroll procedures.
· Review each payroll to ensure accuracy, examine for conformance to policies and correctness with regard to payroll information on file.
· Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency, investigate errors and complaints.
· Process and recommend the annual payroll calendars.
· Generate State Staff Survey reports; check for errors prior to submission to state.
· Review and retain Federal Salary Certifications as required by federal guidelines.
· Review records, update necessary changes for processing SATSY as pertaining to the COST Reporting Guidelines.
· Other duties assigned by the Director of Finance.